Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homeward Bound ...

I write from a small cafe in Johannesburg airport.

If all goes well, my feet will touch soil in San Francisco tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

My second trip to Malawi left many colorful impressions.

Emotions tugged and pulled.

Sleep lost and sometimes found.

Intensity, warmth, openness, exploration, uncertainty, inspiration, fear, hope, encouragement, sadness, yearning, creativity, disappointment, and trust were all part of my journey.

My professional capabilities were stretched.

Rich experiences and memories linger.

Thank each of you for sharing this journey with me.
I am grateful for your engagement, your encouragement, and your insight as I find my way.

Simple moments bring much into our lives.

Often, my challenge is to be "present" and open enough to recognize and hold these gifts.

This is certainly true with intense travel and documentary work.

The little boy in this picture reminds me of this opportunity.

I want to bottle his joy and excitement!

May his smile and playful energy add a touch of brightness to your day.

Best wishes to all.








No comments:

Post a Comment