Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Child's Wisdom: The Power Of The Moment


I just returned from a walk through the streets of the Chelsea District.

The streets are covered with a light sprinkle of snow. It is quiet.

A cold wind, the type that makes one's ears sting, blows forth.

After a bit of searching, I found some new clothing to replace the lost items.

Then, I returned to my good friend's loft to seek warmth and prepare for my trip to South Africa.

My buddy, Little Campbell, shown here at the top of this "posting," let me know that life is full of opportunities to choose a perspective.

He wanted me to recognize the opportunity to play in his "hood." After all, this should be a priority. No?

When I told Little Campbell about my difficulties with the airline and the problems with the baggage handlers, he paused and reminded me that "Yesterday is history." I told him that I was concerned about the work I need to do in Africa and the equipment I may have lost. He said "Tomorrow is a mystery."

Then, he looked up from his important work of discovery. He paused and said: "You know Jeff. I just focus on the moment, right now, right here. I can't remember what happened a day ago. It's not important. I don't need to be concerned about the days ahead. It all seems to work out. Now, let's focus on what's important. Look at all my cool toys! Play with me!"

I ponder how my perspective shifts through each day. I know I can benefit form absorbing more of Little Campbell's teaching.


1 comment:

  1. Well, haven't you had some fun so far! But, I do like little Campbell's perspective. Oh, my, if we only could all keep that innocent view of the world. Oh, yeah, and our underware, as well. Hey, some stuff's important, right?

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete