Thursday, January 15, 2009

Laughter And Empathy ...


I just went through the duffel bag that experienced "travel difficulties" yesterday with TSA, the national travel police.

So far, confirmed missing inventory includes my precious bag of clean socks and underwear, a pair of pants, and a few other items.  

If any of you are traveling through New York in the next few weeks and you wander through JFK Airport, please be on the lookout for nicely folded blue and white boxers, a few pairs of "tighteee-white-ees," and a group of tame white, brown, and black socks.  

At this point, these fine articles of clothing are unsupervised.  They may run off to far corners of the airport.  Please use caution if you attempt to capture these items.  I recommend you call the authorities if you have a "sighting." 

If you wish to laugh, imagine the moment you discover your underwear is spread all through JFK airport.  The good news?  The event occurred at the start of my trip.  My underwear was clean, folded, and ready for the parade.  I put my best effort "out there."

The morning is rushing by.  I need a shower ... and a quick shopping trip to find replacement clothing in New York City.


No comments:

Post a Comment